(images from weheartit)
Taking a cue from Miss Indie‘s 20 Questions post, I thought I’d open up a little Q&A! If there’s anything you want to know about me, go ahead and ask That way you’ll get to learn something interesting to you instead of me just telling you random things. Sound good? Ok. Go!
First wind, now rain. In case you haven’t heard, the 78704 Artist Market this Saturday has been canceled due to rain. That makes my second failed attempt at my first market!! Sad face. Instead I’ll have to catch up on housework. But…I guess I can do an update to my etsy shop as well 😉 Perhaps some headbands are in order? And maybe a drawing or half a dozen? Whatta ya say?
In other news, I’m going on a field trip with my preschool class today. It’s to a strawberry farm!!!!!! 😀 I get to pick fresh strawberries! Well, I will if it’s not rained out. *warning glance at sky*
Oh rain, you know I can’t stay mad at you!! What can I say? You are lovely ♥
I love puzzles. Unfortunately, I rarely do them. But the other day Alex and I went to Barnes & Noble and I spotted this adorrrable puzzle!
I mean, come on, it’s got all my favorite things! Hearts, stars, rainbows, apples, a panda, AND a giraffe! Plus a million other awesome things. Needless to say, we bought it immediately and set it up
You wouldn’t believe these crazy pieces. They aren’t just squares with nubs and dips. They are all kinds of shapes! Which means, of course, that it was even more fun 😉 Soon it started taking shape.
I had to go to sleep after that. But then next night it was on! We ate dinner, went for a walk to a neighborhood park (swings!), and then came home to our puzzle 😀 Finito!
For the “Beautiful Blogger” award you need to:
– Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
– Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
– Tell us seven interesting facts about yourself.
– Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you have discovered.
– Contact your nominations and let them know they’ve won.
Hmm…7 Interesting Facts…
1. I love chocolate milk. Ever since I discovered Silk’s Chocolate Soy Milk (I know buy the light kind), I’ve limited myself to one glass a day. Well, I try.
2. I hate yard work. For as much as I love nature, I can’t stand pulling weeds. I’m a little nervous about our science topic this month – plants – because we’ll be planting in the school garden.
3. One of my favorite pastimes is playing board games. It’s one of the few things I’m really self-confident in!
4. I want a pet tiger, but only if it couldn’t survive on its own in the wild.
5. I smell my food before I eat it. I never realized until a friend in high school pointed it out. I try not to do it (or do so discretely) in public!
6. I love combining geekiness with craftiness.
7. I’m really excited about my upcoming trip (probably August) to Portland & Seattle with Melissa!!
Hello! Today has been really crazy – sorry for all the back-and-forth – so I’m going to keep this post short. I tried going out to the market, set up my table and all my product. Suddenly! A gust of wind! WHOOOOOOSH! Everything flies off. Amusing in movies, not so much in real life.
So, after a week of crazy work, stress, change of date and back, change of location, wrong order…it all culminated into just as crazy of a day. Unfortunately I was not able to participate in my first market today, but there will be another time! In fact, there is another market on S. Congress tomorrow in which I may participate. I’ll let you know when I decide This week has been stressful enough that I’m going to relax tonight 😉 I’m off to a friend’s place for group games and food and RELAXING! Yay 😀
[If I get back early tonight, I’ll let you take a peek at what I’d been working on all week ;)]
[image via weheartit]
1. What is your name and what’s your blog name if you have one?
AJ and, appropriately, AJthePurple
2. Where do you live? if you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I live in Austin, Texas. I don’t know where I would live if I could live anywhere…I’d probably move around a lot I like the idea of living in Seattle, San Francisco, Athens, Denver….
3. Where do you work? What’s your job title? Do you love your job?
I work at a private preschool/daycare. I am the Math & Science teacher for the pre-kindergarten classes. It is the first job I’ve ever truly loved
4. If you could work anywhere or do anything what would it be?
I would love to be a permanent student. I also want to own my own book/game/craft shop and teach classes there! (See my Ultimate Goal post for a depiction!)
5. What are you reading right now?
Number 9 Dream by David Mitchell
Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Bakuman by Tsugumi Ohba and drawn by Takeshi Obata
6. What are you listening to?
Lately I’ve had the Parent Trap soundtrack and Ben Sollee on repeat ♥
7. Guilty pleasures?
singing [really loudly] in the shower [when my husband is there], eating gobs of chocolate
8. Name your TV shows
Currently: The Office, Community, BSG, Dollhouse
9. What are things you do everyday?
floss, hug my hubby, pet my dog, tweet
10. How did you find our blog?
I found this cute survey on Chelseabird’s blog
11. What do you like to do for fun?
I like to read, craft, watch movies, draw, explore new places…
12. Do you have a twitter?
13. What was your favorite item that you received for Christmas?
I’m gonna have to go with my new Kitchen Aid mixer :D:D:D And the awesome bracelet Alex made me ^_^
14. What’s on your bedside table?
Batman clock, painting from my grandmother, Ugly Dolls, and a glass ashtray filled with odds & ends
Sunday morning I saw the Wild Things’ Fort Contest (thanks to Elsie), and I could think of nothing else. Alex and I had a bunch of errands to run, and he had some friends coming over, so I didn’t have much time…but man was it fun while it lasted! I got to include so many of my favorite things (you can’t see them all in the pictures).
Here are a few:
Chase, my wonderful mini dachshund
Prunella, my inflatable hippo
Postcards, mostly from my best friend
Talking sumo wrestler
Bonehead, made by my best friend
Lots of books and games
and a photo album containing our decorated wedding reply cards
I already have a million ideas for my next fort….and I can’t wait…