I made mine to be a dog bed for Chase, but this could also be a floor pillow, a bench cushion, or a million other things – the possibilities are endless!
- Large pillow case (or fabric, folded) [Mine was $2 on clearance at Ikea!]
- Fabric scraps and/or stuffing
- Sewing machine, pins, thread, scissors
Now for the instructions!
- Cut your pillow case in half to form a square from the closed end (or cut 2 squares from your fabric). Turn inside out; remove side seams and cut fold so you have 2 squares.
- From remaining pillow case (or fabric), cut 2 strips along the cut edge – the width will be the depth of your cushion.
- Cut one side seam off each piece, so that they are strips instead of circles (each should now be the length of 2 sides of your square – the seam in the middle will be a corner).
- Pin the 2 strips right sides together. Sew each end. You now have the 4 sides of your cushion, forming a square.
- Pin the sides to one square of fabric, right sides together. Sew around.
- Now pin the second square to the open sides. Sew, leaving a 4in. gap.
- Turn and stuff! [I used fabric scraps I’ve been saving forever!] Sew gap closed.
- Place in a cozy place and add sleepy dog (Optional ;))
I tried to make this really simple, so I hope it makes sense for everyone. Please don’t hesitate to leave a comment if you have any questions! Now go make and enjoy your quick & easy cushions 😀